Sunday, May 31, 2009

Look What I can do!!!

Okay, so this weekend goes down in the record books!! Not only is my baby walking but she is now feeding herself!! Can I get a "woot woot". I can't believe it, I am actually still in shock. I am so excited for tomorrow, to see if she will do it again!! At least we know now that she CAN do it!! And I have proof! So, for all of you that are wondering how the heck we got this miracle to happen...here is the skinny: WE HAD AN INTERVENTION! After trying everything else, we decided there was only one last thing to try...NOT feeding her anything until she did it herself. So, that's exactly what we did. We gave her a bottle before bed Saturday night, and then the stand off began. Today for breakfast we offered fruit and pancakes..and Nothin...she didn't want anything to do with it and she screamed the whole time. We offered her a snack of goldfish and still nothing....FINALLY, we saw her trying very hard to put a goldfish in her mouth...so we applauded...but then no more....so then we got to lunch time. It was about 12:30...at this point she had only had one goldfish in the last 15 hours! And it WORKED.....we couldn't believe our eyes, she was so mad but she picked her food and tried so hard to get it in her mouth...so we helped her and praised her everytime she tried. She was so proud!! And so were mom and dad=) These pics are from dinner....she barely even needed my help. She was getting it down cold. I am so happy! Wow, what a weekend!! Good job Taylor Bell...and just in time for her 1st birthday party....let's see if she feeds her self cake....stay tuned....



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Alison said...

Yay for Taylor! And yay for Kelly and Luke---you guys deserve a huge pat on the back (or a margarita and beer) for standing your ground. Gosh, I bet she was so darn pissed!!!! But what a smartie---learning how to do it in one day! (Post a walking video when you get a chance!)

Luke and Kelly Bell said...

We are drinking a beer right now=) it was not easy...but gosh...so worth it!

Kim Dampier said...

Yeah!!! Who ever said parenting was easy? I'm sure it's not the first time she will test you...:) Glad you won! I tell Carter everyday he may have a strong will, but mine is stronger!! :) lol